Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. ~ Maya Angelou
Welcome, below is a bit … About Us… enjoy.
Is Amelia a real person? Yep. Hi. I am just one woman in this world, I have a son, a dog, a cat and I walk to work most days. I hope that through caring about the people I surround myself with at work and their families, by understanding school holidays happen, kids get sick and that shifts need to change and it’s all good, basically fostering a kind and compassionate workplace I make life better. Our coffee roastery is about creating community where we are in Bellingen and globally in coffee. By showing up, building long – term relationships that have lasted over 12 years and are still going strong and thus in turn being able to support co-operatives bring fresh drinking water to the village, build a school for the children to learn and creating opportunity for women to be valued is bloody important and fulfilling. Working directly with organisations and governments globally to keep women empowerment on the agenda.
Flying on single prop aircrafts to remote villages so we can trace our coffee is what we do really well. Meeting with the global coffee community to get real traceability in supply chains happening. Pioneer or activist you pick the term, but our coffee roastery is working hard for the whole industry to combat the effects of climate change on coffee through traceable supply chains. This is why we spend months every year on the road, visiting and collaborating with people who help make this happen and why we have an absolutely stunning team of passionate coffee professionals.
We source our coffee from third-generation farmers and women coffee farmers in Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Central America, South America, East Africa and India. And we spends a great deal of time building long term relationships that ensure the farmers and in particular women coffee farmers have a quality of life to be proud of and these relationships produce the high-quality coffee for our roastery in Bellingen, New South Wales, Australia.
We roast on a Turkish Has Granti (Mr. Has), an Italian Petroncini (Big Bertha) and U.S.A Diedrich (no nick name as yet – suggestions on meeting the equipment), what coffee roaster we use is dependant on the profile and style of roasting we are looking for.
What Sets Us Apart From The Pack !
- We only roast high quality A or AA grade coffee that is Sustainably farmed and Organic Certified, this is our specialty.
- We are committed to being a sustainable micro-roastery ~ 100% non-government organisation, not for profit. socially, environmentally and economically sustainable.
- people, planet… profit reinvestment back into people, planet, profit reinvest… We take no donations, we are a 100% social business dedicated to humanity and the earth.
- All the coffee and husk waste from roasting and training is used for compost in our garden and our local community garden.
- All our wholesale cafe customers are offered ongoing Barista Training for their key staff in the role of Barista in our espresso bar in Bellingen NSW.
- We are a Multi Award Winning coffee roastery.
- And …. we love what we do!
For more information about buying wholesale coffee beans for cafes, restaurants, your office, universities, and retail businesses. Please contact us so we can begin a conversation about how we can enhance your coffee world.
1300 720 799
PO Box 347 Bellingen 2454 NSW AUSTRALIA